Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Imagine

Yesterday, I was talking about not 'dividing' the Indian anymore. Previously, I have also talked about how vested interests have always pandered to religion and invoked history to justify the creation of laws and institutions whose sole purpose, visibly, was to emancipate the suppressed, but in reality was to divide people so can the vested interests would be able to maintain their strangledhold on power - power not just over our lives, but power over our dreams too.

Today I found this : Zeitgeist

Lennon's words are not just beautiful spraking with a mystic hope, but are more poignant than ever before.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"power not just over our lives, but power over our dreams too"

well said...along with the previous post. but to make more sense we need to have a more federal structure. The states' tax money shud reach the states. Like states of USA, we need more autonomy. Why do we need to beg before the Delhi complex to get a railway line or a new train when we send so much of our taxes to Delhi. Let Delhi take care of defence and foreign policy, the states will take care of the rest.
And let the states give more funds to Corporations and Panchayats - thats empowerment.(power over our dreams too)

If the Delhi complex does not correct itself, the road ahead will be tough.

- B V N